Work

One of the reasons I am currently on a leave of absence (aside from spending more time with the kids), is that I really don't like working. This is not to say that I like to lounge around and decompose, but ... there must be more to life than simply toiling away.

A few weeks ago (the weekends of May 21 and 28) I had to go in to work to help with some problems they were having. Sofia (my wife), hoped that I would go to work and realize that I really like it. Of course, the opposite was true - I realized how much I hate it. By Sunday night I was down and depressed. I am not sure if there is anything that can trigger a bout of depression in me other than a day of work.

My leave of absence is nearing its end and I have to give an answer to my company when (or if) I will be returning. It is a hard decision. I can't say the work environment is bad, the pay and benefits are excellent. But ... I cannot stand the tedious drudgery that is called making a living. Maybe I am spoiled - certainly, there are many who have a worse life than I.

I had hoped to come up with some brilliant ideas for self employment during my leave, but ... well, nothing has come to mind yet. I have some ideas, but they are more desperate grasps at straws.

Another realization that has come during this period is that I have, somewhere over the past few years, lost any sense of defining identity.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chinese Wisdom Concerning Money

Of retirement and death

Why you should regularly visit your dentist.