So what happened 11 years ago today? According to wikipedia and BBC’s On This Day – not much. Lot’s of things have happened on March 10th, but, apparently, nothing newsworthy happened on 10-March-1995. On this day, I met Sofia for the first time. I remember this, not because I was so impressed with Sofia, but because of the way I remember things. I remember most of my first encounters with future friends – but generally not the date I met them. But … there is one thing I do tend to remember – birthdays. I remember meeting Sofia because I was asked to pick her up and bring her to a friend’s birthday party. How did this first meeting go? Me: Hi. Are you Sofia? Sofia: Yes. Me: I’m Richard, I’m supposed to pick you up to go to Olga’s party. Sofia: Yes, let me get my coat. Me: I think you should change you skirt and put on a pair of pants. Sofia: No, it’s ok. Me: This is Canada, it is still winter and it can get very cold. Sofia: I’ll be fine, besides we’re going by car. Me I sti...
Comments
Have a great end to your week:-)
it says:
i feel-i feel-i feel
i feel-like-a-morning star
shooo fly,dont bother me,
shoo fly dont bother me..
do u know that song?
i never heard it to anyone,and nobody taught us that song in school ,LOL!i just wonder if that song really existed before.
and this nursery rhyme i like..
There was an old woman who swallowed a fly,
Oh my!swallowed a fly?poor old woman,I think she`ll die..
There was an old woman who swallowed a spider,she swallowed a spider to kill the fly,
Oh my!swallowed a fly?poor old woman i think she`ll die..
and it ended up with a cow,
she died of course!was the last phrase.
Are you familiar with it,too?
Hmm! I'm missing camp!
ghee: I am familiar with shoo fly and the old woman who swallowed a fly. I recite the latter to my kids sometimes.
MOI: I have been to camp only once. I remember the song from a short film about it. I think it was produced by the NFB (National Film Board of Canada, but I could be wrong).
barbara: flies are very important to the ecology, notwithstanding how annoying they are.