Four clips from my favourite Marx Brother's movie, Animal Crackers.
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
Comments
Anonymous said…
hehehe. My brother & I are huge fans of the Marx Brother's. My most memorable laugh'n'hack-attack was with the mirror scene in Duck Soup - hmm Duck Soup in general but i've enjoyed so many of their films. Have fond memories of singing "Who Dat Man" & "Lydia The Tatooed Lady" with my brother and I've taught my son how to sing the deadpan nanny version of rock-a-bye-baby which features in the "Sing While You Sell" song.
aka r'acquel: I think you are refering to Blow That Horn, Gabriel, which I think happens at the end of A Day at the Races. It is s great number.
Anonymous said…
Yep - that's the one! My husband is in the whistle business, he was looking for that song. Thanks for your reply - it helped me to finally source it on You Tube! ;D
How did the Marx Brothers enter into your life? Do you like the other comedians from that era as well?
[19September-2007 @ 17:11 EST: Revised preamble. This page still gets the most search hits: There is no Anthony de Croud. The e-mail is SPAM. I post things that pique my fancy at the moment. I like the 8 precepts, but the rest of the e-mail is junk. However, I thought it fair to post everything in its entirety. I did not write the e-mail. I did not forward the e-mail. I strongly encourage you not to forward it either. (I also encourage you to reply to whomever sent you the e-mail and tell them you don't appreciate getting junk mail.)] Received this in our e-mail (English translation follows): PRECEPTO CHINO SOBRE EL DINERO EL DINERO PUEDE COMPRAR UNA CASA, PERO NO UN HOGAR, EL DINERO PUEDE COMPRAR UN RELOJ, PERO NO EL TIEMPO. EL DINERO PUEDE COMPRAR UNA CAMA, PERO NO EL SUEÑO. EL DINERO PUEDE COMPRAR UN LIBRO, PERO NO EL CONOCIMIENTO. EL DINERO PUEDE PAGAR UN MÉDICO, PERO NO LA SALUD. EL DINERO PUEDE COMPRAR UNA POSICIÓN, PERO NO EL RESPETO. EL DINERO PUEDE COMPRAR LA SANGRE, PERO ...
Over the summer I saw a bunch of movies with the kids and here are my reviews of them: Prince Caspian A movie with no plot, no substance, just lots of fighting. To give you idea of how violent the movie is, whenever I asked the kids what they were watching on TV they would reply, "Don't worry, it's not as violent as Prince Caspian." I think the movie can be summed up as follows: Susan: (Examining the ruins of Narnia) "What happened here?" Peter: "I don't know, but lets go thump something" Lucy: "Shouldn't we wait for Aslan?" Peter: "Aslan's not coming. Let's go thump something." (One epic battle gone wrong, a macho hand-to-hand battle gone well for the hero , and in the midst of another epic battle going wrong, Lucy comes across Aslan.) Aslan: "Why didn't you wait for me?" (Lucy looks shamefaced.) Aslan: (Laughing) "Ok, let's go find your friends and help them thump someone." The...
Well ... maybe not. Forbidden Planet has new space-time coordinates. You can find it, in all its infancy (for the time being - eventually it will grow up) here . I have no plans to move this blog and its contents over (ok, maybe I might move 1 or 2 things). Image nabbed from here
Comments
They sure had a devine way with words ;)
How did the Marx Brothers enter into your life? Do you like the other comedians from that era as well?