Eleven years ago today
So what happened 11 years ago today? According to wikipedia and BBC’s On This Day – not much. Lot’s of things have happened on March 10th, but, apparently, nothing newsworthy happened on 10-March-1995. On this day, I met Sofia for the first time. I remember this, not because I was so impressed with Sofia, but because of the way I remember things. I remember most of my first encounters with future friends – but generally not the date I met them. But … there is one thing I do tend to remember – birthdays. I remember meeting Sofia because I was asked to pick her up and bring her to a friend’s birthday party. How did this first meeting go? Me: Hi. Are you Sofia? Sofia: Yes. Me: I’m Richard, I’m supposed to pick you up to go to Olga’s party. Sofia: Yes, let me get my coat. Me: I think you should change you skirt and put on a pair of pants. Sofia: No, it’s ok. Me: This is Canada, it is still winter and it can get very cold. Sofia: I’ll be fine, besides we’re going by car. Me I sti...

Comments
MOI: I don't have that problem. I let people know that I hate receiving FWed e-mails. If they want to keep in touch with me, they should send me real content.
Needless to say, this does not go over well. Sofia complains I scare away our friends because I am too gruff.
This came from a friend who does respect my e-mail. She rarely sends non-personal messages, but they are always worthwhile if she does.
This is a single slide from a collection of slides. If you want, I can e-mail the whole collection to you.
Aside from the recipe exchange I spammed people with a while back, I never send out or forward e-mails. I only got one or two recipes out of it. sigh. And I thought it was really a good idea (much better than those, "Send this 77 of your closest friends and you will be rewarded on the first full moon falling on a Thursday when it rains").
Congrats on surviving the first week of NaBloPoMo.
whiskoffe: this is why I always get my cuts by a female, I don't trust men to do me well (too much temptation to eliminate the competition).