So what happened 11 years ago today? According to wikipedia and BBC’s On This Day – not much. Lot’s of things have happened on March 10th, but, apparently, nothing newsworthy happened on 10-March-1995. On this day, I met Sofia for the first time. I remember this, not because I was so impressed with Sofia, but because of the way I remember things. I remember most of my first encounters with future friends – but generally not the date I met them. But … there is one thing I do tend to remember – birthdays. I remember meeting Sofia because I was asked to pick her up and bring her to a friend’s birthday party. How did this first meeting go? Me: Hi. Are you Sofia? Sofia: Yes. Me: I’m Richard, I’m supposed to pick you up to go to Olga’s party. Sofia: Yes, let me get my coat. Me: I think you should change you skirt and put on a pair of pants. Sofia: No, it’s ok. Me: This is Canada, it is still winter and it can get very cold. Sofia: I’ll be fine, besides we’re going by car. Me I sti...
Comments
I just realised that my brother lives in Canada, around where you're from!
Mum2one
I did tighten up the quote a bit. The original is a bit more rambling.
So you have a Canadian connection, eh?
barbara: an idle mind is usually not my problem, feeling stagnant is far more common.
carra: it can't just be busy work. There is no question that doing is preferable to not doing. There is always (at least for me) a improved sense of self esteem when I accomplish something, however ... at some point you also want what you do to have meaning, so just doing it for the sake of doing becomes unsatisfying.
acey: always do, always achieve and never let anyone put you or your accomplishments and achievements down. You will be happier that way.