40 is the new 30

You could say that today is my forte.

This is me when I was the old 30 (actually 29-1/2) - the new 30 doesn't look quite so good.

So what does one do now that more than half their life has passed? (A reasonable assumption because I know of no males on either side of my family who have ever made it to 80).

"They say that age is all in your mind. The trick is keeping it from creeping down into your body." - Unknown

"You're not 40, you're eighteen with 22 years experience." - Unknown

"I still have a full deck; I just shuffle slower now." - Unknown

"Inside every older person is a younger person wondering what happened." - Jennifer Yane

"Forty isn't old, if you're a tree." - Unknown

"The "I just woke up face" of your 30's is the "all day long" face of your 40's." - Libby Reid

"The day which we fear as our last is but the birthday of eternity." - Seneca

Music Video Codes By HotGet.com

If the the video doesn't play, try hitting refresh.

Comments

Beth said…
hmn.. is that picture u? it looks 20 =P
Richard said…
Yeah bebe, that is me from August 1995.

I had originally wanted to title this blog "When I was half the man I am today", but I couldn't find my old college student card (which is odd, because I always thought it was in my wallet). Any other pictures of me when I was 20 are with my parents.

Thanks for your flattering complement.
dandan...™ said…
hahaa..interesting~~~
I shall post my pic when I was 5, 15 den 25 too!!
kekez
Lunafish said…
I have loved being in my 40's and would agree that it is the new 30's. I started doing all the things that I thought I might get too old to do - in a hurry. In my 40's I flew a helicopter, went scuba diving for the first time, jumped off a cliff into mexican cenote, went to Paris and Rome - all because I thought if I didn't do it in my 40's I might never get it done. Your dreams become much more important. I will turn 50 this summer, looking back - wow! The last 10 years were the best. I hope you find it so for you, too.
Richard said…
dandan: Well, something like that was my plan, but I don't have pictures here of myself when I was younger.

lunafish: I certainly hope my 40s will be good. Let me take it one year at a time and see how it goes. Not sure I'm into cliff jumping - I hate the sensation of falling (so, no roller coasters for me - JJ is the same, thought Sofia and Tania both love them).
Hahah such a cute picture! I love the color of your hair.. :)

I would love to share my 0-30 years old pics too, but I am actually quite shy - for now! So maybe when I have mustered enough courage.....
Richard said…
The hair colour is natural (but how can you really tell, it blends into the twilight's darkness?). It is still the same - just gaining more grey day by day.

I was more self concious about sharing a picture of me at 40 than I was of one of me at 30.
Just me said…
I totally believe that age is only a state of mind. You are as old as you feel and age is what you make it. I just had my 7th birthday at 29. I think I'll keep doing 29 over again until it I get it perfect.

Popular posts from this blog

Chinese Wisdom Concerning Money

Of retirement and death

Half-and-half