He's not there


Jesus Christ is risen today, Alleluia!
Our triumphant holy day, Alleluia!
Who did once upon the cross, Alleluia!
Suffer to redeem our loss. Alleluia!

Hymns of praise then let us sing, Alleluia!
Unto Christ, our heavenly king, Alleluia!
Who endured the cross and grave, Alleluia!
Sinners to redeem and save. Alleluia!

But the pains which he endured, Alleluia!
Our salvation have procured; Alleluia!
Now above the sky he’s king, Alleluia!
Where the angels ever sing. Alleluia!

Sing we to our God above, Alleluia!
Praise eternal as his love; Alleluia!
Praise him, all you heavenly host, Alleluia!
Father, Son, and Holy Ghost. Alleluia!


- Tradition Christian Easter Hymn

Although, personally, I would prefer something set to the tune of She's Not There by The Zombies

Well some one told me about him - the way he died
Well some one told me about him - how many people cried
But it's too late to say you're sorry
You should have known, you should have cared
Please don't bother trying to find him
He's not there

Well let me tell you about the way he looked
The way he'd act and the colour of his hair
His voice was soft and cool
His eyes were clear and bright
But he's not there

.
.
.


Image nabbed from here.

Comments

x said…
hi, richard! a late happy easter sunday. i like the easter series you have in your blog. i'm learning new things about my faith. easter seasons are very different here, you know. =D
CG said…
Richard, really great posts on Easter, and I agree I like the Zombies version better as well.
B said…
I hope that your Easter season has been blessed and you continue to feel such.
Richard said…
acey: the liturgy and basic form of the Easter celebration is defined by the Church. That said, there are a lot of specific features that each country is allowed to decide for themselves.

In Canada, it tends to be a fairly bare bones type of celebration.

The Catholic faith is very rich and has almost 2000 years of history and tradition to draw on. As well, it draws on the traditions and history of the Jewish people (though it does not advertise that as much as I would like). I think you would be surprised how much the liturgy of the Church is patterned on the Jewish liturgical tradition (well, at least from a bird's eye view).

So you actually read the whole "Descent into Hell" post?

carra: thanks. I Like the hymn, but as a general rule, I have a preference for ... erm ... slightly faster music and louder music. Same question, you actually read the whole "Descent into Hell" post?

breal: thanks. It was quite good. We didn't manage to get together with the rest of my family (because that meant me driving about 1000Km round trip and since I was going to be doing 1600Km the following week, I just wasn't up to that much driving. Besides, the government was quite insistent I file my 2005 and 2006 income tax returns. Which I did that weekend.)
CG said…
Well I did, I was bored in places but I did read. Do I have to report on what I have learned?
Richard said…
carra: ha ha, of course not. I was just curious if anyone actually took the time to read through he who-o-o-o-o-le post. I try to avoid exceeding long posts because I assume most people are like me and are just looking for quick hits instead of long essays (my goal is a maximum of 3 paragraphs per post - although, I am known to vary widely).

I agree that parts of it are boring. It really depend son your frame of mind, I think. There is nothing worse than reading something and thinking, "Come on, come on! Get to the point."

Popular posts from this blog

Chinese Wisdom Concerning Money

Risky Singapore?

Half-and-half