Chai Tea or Tai Chi?

One of life's questions.

Comments

chai tea. definitely.
Barbara said…
I have friends who swear by both, but I don't do either. And you?
EC Gefroh said…
Never had Chai Tea but I used to do Tai Chi...so Tai Chi.
Richard said…
ingrid: this New Year, at work, they gave us the perk of free coffee and tea. I tried a Chai Tea. I have to say I was disappointed. Maybe I need to do something more than just brew it – maybe it needs a little sugar or lemon or something. I am partial to Darjeeling tea, though.

barbara: I do neither either. I did try a Chai Tea two weeks back or so. I was less then overwhelmed.

esther: why stop the Tai Chi? I just like the sound of the question. There is a certain melody to it. I wish I could remember what the term is for the play of exchanging sounds (at least, I think there is a word for it. It is similar to chiasmus).
Chai tea is best with lots of milk.
Here's a recipe from scratch:

*1 1/2 cups of water
*1 1/2 inch stick of cinnamon
*8 cardamom pods
*1/4 inch fresh ginger root (sliced thin)
*2/3 cup of milk
6 teaspoons sugar
*3 teaspoons of Darjeeling Tea leaves

Place water, cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, and ginger in a pot and bring to a boil.

Cover and lower heat to low setting and simmer for 10 minutes.

Add milk and sugar and again bring to simmer.

Next, add the tea leaves, remove from heat and cover.

(I like it with honey.)

(Recipe from here: http://www.2basnob.com/chai-tea.html)
Unknown said…
I prefer chai tea...It's hard to kick my butt on tai chi.:P
Anonymous said…
I enjoyed the sound of that question so much at this end, that i didn't think of answering it at all. My brain just wanted to keep saying Chai Tea vs Tai Chi back and forth so much because it was creating such a ticklish jarring in my mind.

I'm not sure of the following term is correct, but i think it could be a case of "assonance" ~ which does involve repetition of vowel sounds.

Thanks for the great brain spack-attack nonetheless, i really enjoyed it.
EC Gefroh said…
I liked the play on the words too R. I love word games, etc.
Clever! And I do neither so that's one less decision to make in life!
Richard said…
ingrid: that definitely looks like a much better experience. All I did was take a packet that said Chai Tea, brewed it and drank it. From your recipe, I think I definitely missed something.

sweetiepie: it looks like we could get a little Chai Tea sitting circle going.

aka R'acquel: It was not really for answering. It was just for the sound. I had to look up assonance, that deals with vowels. However, there is consonance which is for consonants. Perhaps it is chiasmic consonance?

esther: good.

MOI: I think it is the sort of play on words that kids like. Mind you, I am pretty sure most kids are not up on either.

Popular posts from this blog

Chinese Wisdom Concerning Money

Half-and-half

To Appreciate